This week Claire will broadcasting live on Facebook at 12:30pm. Today’s notes have been prepared by Hannah Mumford on the theme “I can’t, but He will”.
I want us to start this morning from a place of humility, with an awareness of our own limitations and weaknesses.
Here are two reasons to do this-
- “God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble.” How we need God’s favour in our lives!
- “My grace is always more than enough for you, [a] and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me.” It is a chance to deeply know the mighty power of Christ that lives within you!
As you listen to this song, submit before God (you may want to actively kneel do this as a prophetic symbol). However you do this, use it to prepare your heart before God. Speak out your need of Him and watch as He draws near to you.
In Luke 5 the disciples are fishing and working tirelessly, Jesus meets them at the shore and tells them to “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.” In v 5 Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. They were tired, weary, at the end of ideas, fruitless and facing financial battles, this was their livelihood.
But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
Watch this clip from ‘The Chosen’ a series Dave and I watched recently with the kid’s, which was superb:
Simon reached the end of himself, he had done all that he could in His own strength and failed. But then, He meets Jesus! When we get to the end of ourselves, when we are humble and surrender, that is when we make room for God.
It’s not a sorrowful place it’s a beautiful place to meet Jesus at the end of ourselves.
- Pray we would be known individually and corporately for our humility and reliance on God in all seasons.
- Pray for those who feel at the end of themselves to turn to God and find Him. That those struggling with mental health would find hope and life in Him.
- Pray for the PM to call a National day of prayer.
Remember to join Claire at 12.30 on the Tees Valley Community Church Facebook page for LIVE prayer.
Knowing our need of God, what can our expectations of Him be? I would like to take us to Isaiah 48 V 9-11 and suggest that our faith and expectations should be totally wrapped up in who He says He is.
9 For my own name’s sake I delay my wrath;Isaiah 48:9-11
for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you,
so as not to destroy you completely.
10 See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.
These 6 phrases should be our confidence that God will act, our confidence for Hope, and confidence to cry out to Him and see change.
What this scripture hammers home to us, is God’s passion for His own Name. God’s ultimate aim is to uphold and display the glory of His Name. First, he is committed to act for his own name’s sake. And then, for that reason, he is committed to act for his people. US. You and I!
Our great Hope is in who He is and the impossibility that God would let his great name be dishonored. It was inconceivable. This was bedrock confidence. Other things change but not this — not the commitment of God to his name.
This clip is good for us to remember the Names of God and encourage our souls in!
What situations do you need to speak God’s Name into? (Be as specific as possible.)
|El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)|
|El Elyon (The Most High God)|
|Adonai (Lord, Master)|
|Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)|
|Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)|
|Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)|
|Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)|
|Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)|
|Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)|
|Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)|
|El Olam (The Everlasting God)|
|Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)|
|Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)|
|Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)|
- That individually and corporately as a church we will have a hunger and a passion to get to Know God more
- That we would be bold in Making His Name known in the world, a boldness that comes from Knowing who He is personally
- That we would see miracles wherever we declare the Name of God.
It’s good to come before God humbly, it is good to know who we come to and it’s also good to be reminded that every prayer prayed goes up before God.
Revelation 8 v 4 “The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.”
This is a huge encouragement that NO prayer is wasted, it does not fall on deaf ears, it goes before God Himself. He sees all and hears all. You and I can have an audience with the God who created the universe!
But, it doesn’t just stop there…
There is action there is something supernatural that happens in the heavenly realm. They are not merely words, they are “the most powerful weapon” Our words in the hands of God cause change and transformation. They bring the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven.
If you have a candle light it and listen to this song, take heart and be encouraged. Meditate on the fact that every prayer you’ve ever
prayed and every prayer you ever will pray goes before God Himself. Delight yourself in the knowledge that you always have an audience with God, that He is always attentive to YOU.
Knowing we can’t
Knowing He will act for His Name Sake
Knowing we have an audience with God
We are going to pray for His Kingdom to come in these areas
- Stats and predictions have been made that divorce, domestic abuse , online abuse, poverty, unemployment etc are all on the rise. Choose one of these areas and partner with God to declare His kingdom and will in that area.
- For God to be Glorified during this pandemic, that His Name will be lifted High
- That there will be an anointing released for healing emotional and physical
- That God will bless our sleep and there will be an anointing for dreams and visions. For Christians and for non-Christians to encounter God as they sleep too!