This week Claire will broadcasting live on Facebook at 12:30pm. Today’s notes have been prepared by Gordon Smyrell.
I felt God give me this theme for the day – knowing God the Covenant keeper:
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbour, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”Jeremiah 31-33-34
Activity – The Joy Of Knowing God
Covenant is all about entering into relationship – we can know God intimately for ourselves. What a privilege! What joy!
Let’s start today by renewing, once again, our precious relationship with our covenant making God. I suggest you watch this video twice – first to see and understand the words and let them sink in. Then listen and allow the music to take you into God’s presence.
In Romans 10:16-17, Paul tells us that we (non-Jews) have been grafted into the original root, the original covenant relationship. Now we “share in the nourishing sap”, and can grow and be sustained, becoming ever more united with Jesus our Saviour.
Graft failure is often the result of a “drying out” of the join.
I believe God wants to ask you – “where are you drawing your sustenance from? From the world around you, or from me? Are you allowing my life giving sap to flow properly?”
He wants to give you the nourishment you need – but are you letting the relationship dry out?
Or are you, as you were meant to, flowing in the love, joy and peace of the Holy Spirit who is within you? Ask God the Holy Spirit to fill you once again, and allow the sap of the Spirit to rise and refresh the parts that only he can reach.
Praise and thank God for his provision – whatever comes your way.
Prayer Focus – pray for those who do not know the joy of relationship with Jesus
- Pray for those who watch our Sunday broadcasts, but who don’t attend church regularly. Pray that they may find Jesus.
- Pray for our two Eden outreaches. For Tony & Stephanie Grange in Easterside and for Peter & Helen Conroy in Ragworth. May they see an abundant increase of the Kingdom in those areas.
- Pray for the work of our CAP centre. By helping with their debt, may they be brought into relationship with Jesus.
Remember to join Claire at 12.30 on the Tees Valley Community Church Facebook page for LIVE prayer.
Activity – The Covenant Journey
Have you noticed how often in Scripture, God sends his people on a journey from one place to another?
Think about this – where is God taking you at the moment? Where have you come from?
- If you are artistic, craft, draw or paint an image that illustrates your personal journey with Jesus – both now and in the past. What does God say to you out of this; or
- Take a walk and talk with Jesus – ask him “where next Lord?”; or
- Sit quietly and meditate on this image. Write down what God says to you about your next steps in your journey of faith.
Meditate on the words of this hymn (modified); hear Jesus say them to you personally:
Let me walk with you, as we journey through this land,
Find new fresh meaning as each moment passes by;
Let the hand of time be like footprints in the sand,
As I carry you from dawn to the close of day.
- Pray for our church leaders as they journey into the unfamiliar territory called PPE – “Post-Pandemic Europe”. Give them wisdom and guide them in their decision making.
- Pray for our families and friends. Lead them by still waters to safe pastures (Ps. 23)
- Pray that God will use this situation to bring much needed change into the way in which the world is operated and governed.
Activity – Partnering With God
Have a look at this video on the subject of Covenants, from the Bible Project:
Did you realise you are partnering with God? Partners support one another and do things together. God has your back!
Speak to your spirit –
- “I will partner with God, in whatever way he asks me to do!
- “I am NOT insignificant. I DO matter, and in partnership with him …
- “My prayers are anointed if I allow God’s Spirit to lead me;
- “With his provision, I can accomplish _________________” (fill in the blank for yourself)
Now – go into battle! Pray passionately! Pray powerfully! Thank God for answering your prayers!
We’ll finish the day by praying for organisations that seek to partner with God in changing the world we live in, so that it reflects God’s will more fully:
- It is estimated that there are around 100,000 people in the UK, trapped in some form of modern slavery. Father we pray for the work of Hope for Justice and ask that you help them bring an end to this evil blight on our nation. ·
- We pray for CARE. Bless their efforts to bring the love of Christ to impoverished societies around the world.
- We thank you for the recent legal victory gained by Cornerstone, allowing them to continue their adoption and fostering ministry. Bless them in the future, in all they do for your kingdom.